The Kerala Non Resident Keralites’ Welfare Board [KNRKWB]Kerala Pravasi Kshemanidhi Board is a Kerala Government Statutory Undertaking (NORKA Department) and is functioning under the Non-Resident Keralites’ Welfare Act, 2008. It has no other Agencies / Organisations / Partners in any form.
Every Non-Resident Keralite of 18-55 age is entitled to register his name as a member of the Fund. A Non-Resident Keralite (India) above 18 years of age who has left Kerala for employment or otherwise and resides for more than 6 months in a place in India outside Kerala and continues there can register his name as member. A Non Resident Keralite (abroad) can register his name immediately on obtaining the emigration clearance and before leaving the State. Non Resident Keralites who left Kerala prior to the commencement of the Act and the Welfare Scheme implemented under it can register their names to the Fund within a period prescribed by the scheme.
The registration fee is Rs. 200
A Non-Resident Keralite (India) who has returned to Kerala leaving his employment or residence outside Kerala and resides permanently within Kerala can continue as deemed member to the Fund on continuous payment of contribution to the Fund until the attainment of 60 years of age.
Fund formation:The Act envisages the formation of the Welfare Fund through contribution from the registered members @ of Rs. 300/- per month as contribution from each Non Resident Keralite (abroad). Every Non Resident Keralite (abroad) member when returned and settled down permanently in the State has to pay Rs. 100 only. Non Resident Keralites (India) member has to pay Rs. 100 as contribution per month. Every deemed member shall contribute Rs. 50 per month. The Board can avail for the Fund grants or loans or advances from the Government of India or the State Government or the local Self-Government institutions or any other institution/organization. Board can attract donations from any individual or any organization in India or abroad or from any Government agencies in India or aboard or from any other sources.
Benefits to Member
- Pension to members and deemed members who had completed 60 years of age and had remitted contribution for not less than five years
- Family pension on the death of a member or a deemed member who had remitted contribution for not less than five years.
- Financial assistance on the death of a member due to illness or accident.
- Financial assistance for medical treatment of the members affected with serious illnesses
- Financial assistance for marriage of women members and daughters of the members and for maternity benefit to women members.
- Financial assistance or loans or advances to members for the construction of dwelling houses or for the purchase of land and building or for the purchase of land or for the maintenance of house.
- Financial assistance for education including higher education to the children of members.
- Self employment assistance to reputed persons
- Financial assistance to members incapacitated to attend work due to permanent physical disability
- Financial assistance investment in any company or firm or co-operative society or institution constituted under the Act.